11 bedroom Guest House /Bed and Breakfast in George from R500 per person sharing
Within Walking Distance to George Center
Die Waenhuis is a 4* rated Bed & Breakfast centrally situated within a few steps to the town center of George.
This historical landmark dating back to the first half of the nineteenth century has been lovingly restored into a romantic retreat ideal for couples and group of friends, also families. Due to its prime position less than 1km from central George, it’s an ideal stayover for business travellers.
Die Waenhuis comprises of eleven en-suite rooms, all individually decorated, combining modern elements with an antique ambience. Rooms are fitted with a desk, a fan and tea and coffee making facilities.
Expect warm hospitality and personalized service from the owners who live on-site with their dogs.
Features include an extensive, landscaped garden, sparkling swimming pool and conference room seating up to twenty-four delegates. Relax with a good book in the shared lounge which boasts a Victorian fireplace or socialize around the built-in BBQ area. Breakfast is served either on the covered verandah or in the breakfast room, which holds an old Dover stove.
Ideal for honeymoon and other couples, families with children, golfers and business travellers.
Note: They do cater for intimate events such as weddings, photo shoots, functions, conferences and birthday parties.
- Exotic Gardens
- Central Location
- 1x Double Room with King size bed. En-suite with bath and shower. Garden views.
- 1x Family Loft Room with King size and Double bed. En-suite with bath and shower. Private balcony with table & chairs and beautiful mountain views.
- 1x Double Room with Double bed. En-suite with shower.
- 1x Family Room with King size and Single bed. Fireplace. En-suite with shower. Opens onto porch with garden views.
- 1x Double Room with Double bed. En-suite with shower. Opens onto porch with garden views.
- 1x Double Room with Twin beds. En-suite with shower. Opens onto porch with garden views.
- 1x Double Room with Double bed. En-suite with bath and shower. Private balcony with table & chairs and beautiful garden views.
ANNEX (nearby the Swimming Pool and Conference Room)
- 2x Double rooms with Double beds. En-suite with bath and shower. Undercover patio with table & chairs and beautiful garden views.
- 1x Double rooms with Twin beds. En-suite with bath and shower. Undercover patio with table & chairs and beautiful garden views.
- 1x Garden Loft Room with King size bed. Private balcony with table & chairs and beautiful mountain views. Open bathroom with bath and shower. Separate toilet.
Each Room offers:
- 100% Cotton percale and white bamboo towels
- Luxurious en-suite bathroom with shower and/or bath
- Air conditioning or fans
- Heaters or underfloor heating
- Electric Blankets
- Flatscreen TV
- Satellite TV (DStv)
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Lounge – Spacious lounge with comfortable couches. Victorian fireplace. Library. Garden views.
Dining Area – Where breakfast is served. Indoor old Dover stove. Individual seating arrangements both indoors and outdoors.
Outdoors – 8 meter long Swimming Pool. Sheltered relaxation area with sunloungers. Landscaped gardens with various seating and relaxation areas. Built-in BBQ/Braai area. Pond.
Swimming Pool, Pond. Built-in BBQ/Braai. Lounge with fireplace. Landscaped Gardens. Communal Indoor & Outdoor Dining Areas. Wifi. DStv & DVD players. On-site parking.
Limited on-site parking. Additional parking outside.
Caledon Street, George
Restaurants – 2 min walk
George Golf Club – 5 min drive
Beach – 10 min drive
George Airport – 15 min drive
Die Waenhuis, George, Bed & Breakfast.
For more information and photos, have a look at our Facebook Listing